About Kids Zone
Kids Zone exists to give parents an opportunity to use our Y facilities while providing a safe, fun environment for children of YMCA members. Our Kids Zone is free with a Y membership! Come to our facility with peace of mind knowing that your children are in great hands!
Kids Zone Hours
Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. & 4 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Kids Zone FAQ
6 Weeks-12 Years Old.
No. Kids zone has limited hours due to member usage. Our hours are:
Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Monday – Friday, 4 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
You can leave your child in Kids Zone for up to two hours.
We prefer that you stay in the facility while your kids are in kids zone. However we know that sometimes our programming occurs elsewhere on the grounds (soccer fields etc.). In that case please leave your location with our staff and an emergency contact phone number. You are not allowed to leave the YMCA grounds for any reason.
Kids Zone is a members only benefit and completely free for our members.
Food is not permitted in Kids Zone due to food allergies, sanitation, and safety. We are unable to bottle feed for these same reasons. If your child seems hungry, staff may page you. You are welcome to check your child out for a moment, if necessary, to feed him/her a snack and them return the child to Kids’ Zone when ready.
Should an injury, weather related issue or other emergency arise, the appropriate parents or guardians will be called to Kids’ Zone. If for some reason there is not time to page, Kids’ Zone staff will keep the child in their care until the parent or guardian arrives. In the following instances, should you not get to your child before they relocate, these are the areas in which they can be found:
- Fire – staff will take all children outside and to the right, near the tree line and the big rock.
- Tornado – staff will take children to the Women’s Locker Room.
In the instance that your child is severely injured and you cannot be reached, staff will call for medical help and your child will receive proper medical treatment until you arrive.
We understand that sometimes children have a hard time following the rules. We are here to providing a nurturing environment for them to grow and learn. When dealing with behavior issues our staff will do the following:
- Use redirection techniques to direct the child to something else.
- Give verbal explanations to the child that certain behaviors aren't tolerated in Kids Zone.
- Give verbal warnings to the child that help the child understand their actions are serious and need to be changed.
- Give the child some "thinking time" so that the child can have an undistracted space to think about their behavior.
- Talk with the parents to determine how to help the child.
- If necessary, call the parent and ask the child to be dismissed from Kids Zone for the day.